Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Podcasting 101

Okay, I have got to admit that I really sucked at this in the beginning! I knew nothing about podcasting and I could not get it together at all. Then the more I read and looked at other classmates, it just all came together. When I actually thought about it, I have used podcasting before, I just never knew what the actual name for it was. I used it to put music on my myspace page from another site other than myspace.

Podcasting is just another way to listen and record audio or any other types of recordings. They can range from business relation to personal usage. Just kind of depends on the person using it! It is useful because you can upload lots of recordings and you will always have them on this site in case anything was to ever happen to your computer. Also you can access and listen to everything from any computer.

I used Gcast. http://www.gcast.com/ for my first podcasting site. On the site if you take time and read, it gives you a step by step tutorial on how to use the site. It took less than two mins for each of my uploads to post and actually show. You can add recordings to your podcast by three different ways, uploading from your computer, from emerging artist sites "Garageband," or by phone using the 1-888-65-GCAST.

With my first podcast I just uploaded some songs that I like. Enjoy!

To listen to my podcast just click on this link: http://www.gcast.com/u/kailagreene07/main

2 comments:

domand_1 said...

Good job for the podcast!! well done

Unknown said...

Excellent job on your podcast!!! It's good to know I wasnt the only person having trouble at first!!! ;)